The age old question - with so many smartwatch manufacturers on the market now, what is the most suitable smartwatch for the average user in 2023?
Apple, Garmin, Fitbit, Samsung, and Google are all popular brands of smartwatches that offer a variety of features and functionality. Here are some key differences between the five:
- Known for its integration with the Apple ecosystem, including iPhone, iPad, and other Apple devices.
- Offers a wide range of apps and features, including phone and messaging capabilities, music streaming, and health and fitness tracking.
- Offers a variety of models, including the Apple Watch Series 7, which comes in two sizes and offers features such as a larger Retina display and faster charging.
Shop our Apple Watch range here.
- Known for its advanced GPS tracking and outdoor features, making it a popular choice for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Offers a range of models, including the Fenix series for outdoor sports, the Forerunner series for running, and the Vivoactive series for everyday fitness tracking.
- Typically offers longer battery life compared to many other smartwatches.
Shop our Garmin range here.
- Known for its user-friendly interface and simple design, making it a popular choice for everyday fitness tracking.
- Offers a range of models, including the Charge series for basic fitness tracking, the Versa series for smartwatch functionality, and the Sense for advanced fitness tracking and health monitoring.
- Has a large community of users who can connect and compete with each other through the app.
Shop our Fitbit range here.
- Known for its integration with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and other Samsung devices.
- Offers a range of models, including the Galaxy Watch for smartwatch functionality and fitness tracking, and the Galaxy Watch Active for a more fitness-focused design.
- Offers features such as phone and messaging capabilities, Samsung Pay, and Bixby voice assistant.
Shop our Samsung range here.
- Known for its Wear OS operating system, which is used on a variety of smartwatches from different manufacturers.
- Offers a variety of features, including phone and messaging capabilities, Google Assistant, and health and fitness tracking.
- Partners with a variety of smartwatch manufacturers, including Fossil, TicWatch, and Skagen.
Shop our Google range here.
Ultimately, the best choice for you depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you are deeply embedded in the Apple or Samsung ecosystem, their respective smartwatches may be the best choice.
If you are an outdoor athlete who needs advanced GPS tracking, a Garmin may be a good option. If you are looking for a simple and user-friendly device for everyday fitness tracking, a Fitbit may be a good choice. If you prefer the Wear OS operating system and want a variety of options from different manufacturers, a Google-powered smartwatch may be the way to go.